Friday, November 28, 2008

of balmy nights & sticky mornings

This is home truly, where I know I must be
Where my dreams wait for me, where that river always flows
This is home surely, as my senses tell me
This is where I won't be alone, for this is where I know it's home.



a portion of a singaporean song but t aptly describes the feeling of being home.
the feeling of being welcomed & also the familiar faces

faces that tells u they love u no matter what
faces that welcome you
faces that represents home.

sights and smells that are oh-so-familiar.
the mamak man who knows you want neslo ice
and the mak cik who gives u an extra goreng pisang while saying "sayang lama tak datang"
the aunty who serves u the kuey teow, hurriedly. as she has so many other waiting customers.
family members and friends whom u missed
people u have not seen for so long but ultimately, when u meet, it all falls into the same rhythm of familarity & love.

for this is home.. truly



No comments:

Post a Comment